- Minced Lamb: 1 Pound
- Raw Papaya flesh mashed: 2 Tablespoons
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee: 3 Tablespoons
- Finely chopped Onions: 1½ Cup
- Minced Garlic: ½ Tablespoons
- Finely chopped ginger: ½ Tablespoon
- Khoya Emulation
- Ricotta Cheese: 1 Tablespoon
- Dried Milk: 1 Tablespoon
- Ground Cloves: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cardamom: ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne ground: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper ground: ½ teaspoon
- Kewra water: 1 teaspoon
- Rose petals: 10
- Besan: 2 to 4 Tablespoons
- Ghee as needed about ¼ Cup
- Combine ground lamb, Papaya, and salt in the Food Processor.
- Pulse to pulverize.
- Preheat oven to 200º F. Shut off heat.
- Marinate meat for about one hour.
- Turn on oven to 200º F. Shut off heat.
- Marinate for another hour.
- Grind Onions, Garlic, and Ginger in food processor.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add Onion Garlic Ginger paste.
- Sauté till moisture is gone and the paste is almost brown.
- Mix Ricotta cheese and Dried milk. Add to Onion Garlic Ginger paste. Sauté till lightly brown. Shut off heat
- Stir in cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Stir in Kewra, and rose petals.
- Stir in marinated lamb including the papaya. Transfer food processor. Pulse to pulverize.
- Sprinkle Besan over the mixture. Knead well into a soft dough.
- Add more Besan if needed.
- Let mixture rest for 20 to 40 minutes minutes.
- Knead again. Divide in to about 8 balls. Form the ball and press it into a round patty like a hamburger patty.
In a Pan frying
- Heat a flat griddle or pan to medium heat. Add ghee do not cook on high heat. Fry patties on the griddles, till brown on both sides. It will take about 4 minutes each side.